Friends of the Tay Watershed
Celebrity Antique Auction
This year's “Tay Watershed Discovery Evening”, to be held on Tuesday, November 4, 2008, will feature a celebrity antique auction, with Brent McLaren, the Perth Town Crier, as auctioneer. The Friends of the Tay Watershed are fortunate to have the following items for auction from the following generous donors:
Move cursor / mouse over the following images for a larger view.
- Cut glass vase and bowl donated by Cliff Miller, Rideau Antiques, RR1 Lombardy ~ valued at about $105.
Visit Rideau Antiques half way between Ridea Ferry and Lombardy.
- Two antique mirrors, donated by David Crowley ~ value inknown.
- Traditional quilt in the "Around the World" pattern, dated in the 1930s, from this region, and donated by The Merchant of Herriot Antiques, Perth ~ valued at about $140.
Visit the Merchant of Herriot on Heriot Street at Gore.
- Antique Map of Perth ~ circa 1880 donated by Janet and David Taylor ~ valued at about $200
This appropriately framed antique map of Perth shows the churches, glebes and cemeteries of that era, the Brockville Branch RR line and station, and the old mills, tanneries and foundries. An inset provides selected Lanark County statistics for 1871 and 1877, including population, agriculture, forestry and industry production, livestock, and real estate value.
- Antique chest of drawers , donated by Bruce Guthrie ~ valued between $100 and $200
- Hump-back Trunk donated by Doug and Nancy James
~ value inknown.
Actual trunk not identical to image.
- Antique side chair donated by Bill Breeze of Otter Creek Antiques & Crafts, Lombardy ~ valued at $175
Visit Otter Creek Antiques in the centre of Lombardy.
- Antique Silver Teapot donated by Chris Stone
~ value inknown.
- Nest of Tables donated by Helen and Michael Patenaude of Antiques & Things, Balderson ~ value inknown.
Visit Antiques & Things in Balderson, just behind Balderson Cheese
People will have a chance to view the items prior to the auction, to think about how they might fit in their own homes. Of course potential bidders may want to consider that the proceeds from the auction will go directly to help fund our program for 2008-09.
Please plan to take part in this great fund raiser, which takes place at the Watershed Discovery Evening:
6:30 to 9:00 pm
Tuesday Novembert 4, 2008
Royal Canadian Legion
26 Beckwith St., E.